If Christ won the Nobel Peace Prize, would he be criticized for being:
- Too far left (his primary critic agreeing with the Pharisees that his hippy-dippy long hair and his feed-the-hungry welfare program had to go).
- Doomed to crucifixion, like another ineffective rabble rouser who came before him.
- Undeserved vis-à-vis the Zealots who campaigned against him.
- An “affirmative action” choice (given that, according to most Western art, he was miraculously born white in brown-skinned part of the world).
- Too young and inexperienced—barely in his thirties—to have achieved any tangible impact.
- Sloppy seconds to another Middle East fanatic.
- The “suicide bomb” that ruined the award for future prophets.
- A fake pacifist, turning the other cheek just to get the nomination.
He would if he were a democratic. See Huffington Post’s “8 Most Outrageous Attacks on Obama’s Nobel Peace Prize”